Days Of August: Barcelona Earrings
is on back order
- Designed and made in Australia - made from locally sourced reclaimed stainless steel
- Hand polished to a brush finish
- Welded stainless steel posts and stainless steel backs
- Hypoallergenic, light & non tarnish
- Packaged in a reusable spring closure tyvek pouch
Born in Montreal, Canada, designer Marie-Pier moved to Australia in 2004 after completing a Bachelor of Fine Arts, majoring in cinematography.
She worked in the camera department on feature films for a decade before starting her own jewellery brand after finishing silversmithing classes at the Jam Factory in Adelaide.
Founded in 2011, Days of August's signature look comes from its unconventional use of industrial grade stainless steel - a metal not typically used to make jewellery - which meant reinventing and adapting traditional fabrication techniques to accommodate its solidity and strength.
With a focus on sustainability, Marie-Pier put in place eco-friendly practices from the start and is now partnering with Ecologi to offset her environmental footprint, making Days of August a 100% carbon neutral business.
Material: Reclaimed stainless steel
Size (cm): 2.7 x 4.2
Every purchase supports ACMI