“Take your inspiration and let it lead you out into the world, into your big amazing genius life." - Beth Ditto
- 50 Queer Music Icons Who Changed The World: A Celebration of LGBTQ+ Legends.
- A tribute to queer ground breakers who changed the face of music and popular culture.
- LGBTQ musicians have been pushing for change since the 1920s, with singers such as Bessie Smith crooning about same-sex liaisons almost 100 years ago – long before Frankie Goes to Hollywood were telling everyone to ‘Relax’.
- This book is a celebration of artists who became icons and broke new ground through song. From legendary figures such as Freddie Mercury, Little Richard and George Michael, to bands like Bronski Beat, The Scissor Sisters, The XX and The Pet Shop Boys, and more contemporary figures including Frank Ocean, Beth Ditto and Rufus Wainwright, these are the people who made an unforgettable impact.
- Featuring beautifully illustrated portraits and profiles.
Published: May 2018
Size (cm): 18 x 13 x 2
Every purchase supports ACMI.