Amazing Australian Women - Hardcover
is on back order
"I don't want to be just a pretty fish." - Annette Kellerman
- Amazing Australian Women: Twelve Women Who Shaped History
- A bright and colourful look at twelve incredible Australian women who helped shape our country, from politics and the arts to Indigenous culture, science and more.
- These women are the warriors who paved the way for the artists, business owners, scientists, singers, politicians, actors, sports champions, adventurers, activists and innovators of Australia today.
The featured women are:
- Mary Reibey, convict and businesswoman
- Tarenorerer, Indigenous resistance fighter
- Mary Lee, suffragist
- Nellie Melba, opera singer
- Edith Cowan, politician
- Tilly Aston, teacher, writer and disability activist
- Rose Quong, actress, lecturer and writer
- Elizabeth Kenny, nurse and medical innovator
- Annette Kellerman, swimmer and movie star
- Lores Bonney, aviation pioneer
- Emily Kame Kngwarreye, artist
- Ruby Payne-Scott, scientist
Published: August 2018
Size (cm): 27 x 29 X 1
Every purchase supports ACMI.