Directing Actors - Softcover
is on back order
- Directing Actors: Creating Memorable Performances for Film and Television
- Directing film or television is a high-stakes occupation - the white water rafting of entertainment jobs. It captures your full attention at every moment, calling on you to commit every resource and stretch yourself to the limit.
- But for many directors, the excitement they feel about a new project tightens into anxiety when it comes to working with actors.
- Directing Actors is a method for establishing creative, collaborative relationships with actors, getting the most out of rehearsals, troubleshooting poor performances, and giving directions that are briefer and easier to follow.
- Internationally-renowned directing coach Judith Weston demonstrates what constitutes a good performance, what actors want from a director, what directors do wrong, script analysis and preparation, how actors work, and shares insights into the director/actor relationship.
Published: June 1999
Size (cm): 16 x 23 x 2.5
Every purchase supports ACMI.