"When you see filming on the streets, you have an immediate feeling there's some kind of imposture there. There's some kind of lie. It's all created to escape reality. The talk is always of aesthetics when it should be more about the morals and the money." - Pedro Costa
- Fireflies is a bi-annual print film magazine created between Berlin and Melbourne.
- Each issue assembles an international group of writers and visual artists to celebrate the work of two extraordinary filmmakers through personal essays, interviews and creative responses.
- Fireflies is independent, self-published and non-profit.
- Essays: Annabel Brady-Brown, Jordan Cronk, Leo Goldsmith & Michael Sicinski, Alena Lodkina, Max Nelson, José Neves, Adam Rivett, Zander Sherman & John Zerzan.
- Postcards From The Cinema: Tara Judah, Adrian Martin, Susana Moreira Marques, Alice Robinson, Madeleine Watts, Moira Weigel.
- Visual Art: An Gee Chan, Samuel Davison, Marijn Degenaar, James Geoffrey Nunn, José Pedro Cortes, John Karborn, Kes Scott Kennedy, Edward McAliece, Andrej Ujhazy.
- Poetry: Rebecca Foust, Gareth Evans, Lucas de Lima.
- Micro-Fiction: John Crowley, Nick Modrzewski, Ellen van Neerven, Samuel Rutter, A.L. Snijders (trs. Lydia Davis).
- Interviews with Pedro Costa and Ben Rivers by Giovanni Marchini Camia.
Published: November 2016
Size (cm): 24 x 16 x 1
Every purchase supports ACMI.