The Hollywood Standard - Softcover
is on back order
“The script, I always believe, is the foundation of everything.” - Ewan McGregor
- The Hollywood Standard: The Complete and Authoritative Guide to Script Format and Style, 2nd Revised Edition
- Thousands of promising scripts never get a fair read from Hollywood because their format is wrong. Poor formatting is the mark of an amateur and in the ultra-competitive world of screenwriting, the wrong first impression can kill your dreams.
- Intended to be kept at a screenwriter’s fingertips, The Hollywood Standard gives you what even the best script software can’t: clear, concise instructions and hundreds of examples to take the guesswork out of a multitude of formatting questions that perplex even seasoned screenwriters.
- When a new scene heading is appropriate and when it isn’t
- How to control pace with formatting
- How to make a script page visually inviting to the reader
- What to capitalize and why
- How to get into and out of a POV shot
- What can and can’t be included in an establishing shot
- And much more
Published: July 2009
22 x 28 x 1.5
Every purchase supports ACMI.