"I have rarely met someone as vivid, as alive, as vital, vivacious, irreverent, joyous, relevant, and needed as Iris. She breathes young air, thinks young thoughts, and gathers no dust. I simply love her."- Dries Van Noten
- Fashion Icon Iris Apfel's second book, Iris Apfel: Accidental Icon - Musings of a Geriatric Starlet.
- Iris Apfel is a true original, one of the most dynamic personalities in the worlds of fashion, textiles, and interior design.
- Co-founder with her husband, Carl Apfel, of Old World Weavers, an international textile manufacturing company that specialized in reproducing antique fabrics, her prestigious clientele has included Greta Garbo, Estee Lauder, Montgomery Clift, and Joan Rivers.
- In 2005, she was the first living person who was not a designer to have her clothing and accessories exhibited at the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Iris Apfel: Accidental Icon is a unique and lavishly illustrated collection of musings, anecdotes, and observations on all matters of life and style.
- 180 full-color and black-and-white photos and illustrations—presented in the same improvisational, multifaceted style that have made Iris a contemporary fashion icon.
- Here, too, is a treasure trove of never-before-published personal photographs and mementos, mixed with images from top international fashion photographers and illustrators.
Published: March 2018
Size (cm): 25 x 18 x 2
Every purchase supports ACMI.