“Devika Rani and Himanshu Rai groomed me. They would insist I watch English films and arranged tickets for me. I watched so many stars like Humphrey Bogart, their styles - that's how I learnt to act.” - Ashok Kumar
- Exclusive riso prints from the exhibition: Bombay Talkies.
- In collaboration with the Dietze Family Trust, one design features film poster artwork from Janma Bhoomi - as shown within the exhibition.
- The other features a repeating geometric repeating logo pattern.
Running for 20 years and releasing 40 films, Bombay Talkies was one of India's most innovative and highly resourced movie studios. It is credited with introducing the musical narrative structure that characterises modern Bollywood, and launched the careers of several prominent Indian film industry luminaries including superstars Ashok Kumar (1911 - 2001) and Leela Chitnis (1909 - 2003).
Size (cm): 42 x 30
- Janma Bhoomi - Thick poster card stock.
- Logo Pattern - Thin poster paper stock.
Every purchase supports ACMI.