“True originality can’t begin until you know what you’re breaking away from.” - Blake Snyder
- Save the Cat! The Last Book on Screenwriting You'll Ever Need
- He’s made millions of dollars selling screenplays. Now “one of Hollywood’s most successful spec screenwriters,” tells all in this fast, funny and candid look inside the movie business.
- Save the Cat is just one of many ironclad rules for making your ideas more marketable and your script more satisfying and saleable, including:
- The four elements of every winning logline.
- The seven immutable laws of screenplay physics
- The 10 genres that every movie ever made can be categorized by and why they’re important to your script
- your hero must serve your Idea
- Mastering the beats
- the “perfect beast” by using… ‘The Board’
- how to get back on track with proven rules for script repair
- This ultimate insider’s guide reveals the secrets that none dare admit, told by a showbiz veteran who’s proven that you can sell your script if you can save the cat.
Published: May 2005
Size (cm): 16 x 23 x 1.5
Every purchase supports ACMI