"Laughter arises from a certain fundamental absurdity." - Jacques Tati
- A comprehensive tribute to Oscar-winning French filmmaker/performer Jacques Tati, one of the most important figures in the history of cinema.
- Made with the support of Tati’s rights holders, Les Films de Mon Oncle, who allowed unprecedented access to his archives, and designed by M/M (Paris).
- This stunning five-volume publication gathers original essays, interviews, and screenplays, plus hundreds of photographs, stills, letters, sketches, notes, and production materials.
- Volume I, 'Tati Films': stills from all six feature films.
- Volume II, 'Tati Writes': the complete screenplays, plus those of the unmade films The Illusionist and Confusion, illustrated by pages from Tati's original drafts.
- Volume III, 'Tati Works': a comprehensive survey of his life and work.
- Volume IV, 'Tati Explores': essays on important themes in his films.
- Volume V, 'Tati Speaks': quotations, interviews, and a previously unpublished memoir by Tati.
Published: September 2015
Size (cm): 30 x 25 x 13
Every purchase supports ACMI.